This lesson introduces a common “therapy mindset” that exists in many churches, which leaves many peoples’ needs uncared-for. Abe Meysenburg describes three marks of a needed paradigm shift to equip everyday people to provide and receive gospel shepherding.
- John 10:1-18; John 21:15-19
- We Need ‘Good Shepherd’ Theology by Nathan Cederland
WATCH THE VIDEO
- Where do you see evidence of the “therapy mindset” in your own life and in the life of your community?
- Which of the three marks described would be hardest for you, and your church, to make?
- What do you need to believe about God and yourself in order to shepherd others well?