Lesson 1: The Gospel With Us, Part 1
For all history, a common mark of community has been gathering around the table. In this lesson, Jeff traces the theme of meals through the Bible, reminds us of opportunities to remember God’s provision during meals, and helps us meaningfully remember God through the Meal—participating in the Lord’s Supper or Communion together.
- Genesis 2:5-17; Genesis 3:1-21; 1 Corinthians 11:23-27
- Eating Together by Brad Watson
WATCH THE VIDEO
- What was new or stood out as you consider the theme of meals through the Bible?
- What are things you and your Christian community could do as you use meals together as opportunities to remember and point each other to God?
- How could your community celebrate communion together in a way similar to the one Jeff describes? (Here’s “The ‘Meal’ Exercise” to help you.)