What do people do when they see each other, or return from vacation? We share stories. Humans are shaped by stories, and followers of Jesus are most shaped by the story of God. In this first lesson, Brad Watson helps us see why it’s so important to know how to share the story of God: first, stories are where we go for meaning; second, stories are where we go for guidance. If this is true in general, how much more should it be true of God’s story?
- Matthew 13:13-23
- Story of God Training, pages 6-11
- Listen to the Culture’s Stories by Alan Hirsch
WATCH THE VIDEO
- Why do you think we find such deep meaning in stories? What things do people look to to find meaning in life? Why do stories provide better meaning than other things?
- Why do stories that put us at the center of life let us down, even if they try to give us guidance?
- Why is the story of God better at providing meaning and giving guidance?