Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:15-16)
If we are going to grow up in every way into Christ, we must learn to speak the truths of Jesus Christ into everything.
Keys to Gospel Fluency
- Know and believe the gospel personally
- Take thoughts captive regularly
- Immerse into a gospel saturated community
- Speak it regularly to one another
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
Our BEHAVIORS are the result of our BELIEFS.
We determine what we are believing in the moment by tracing the FRUIT to the ROOT.
- What about the gospel are we not aware of?
- What about the gospel have we forgotten?
- What about the gospel are we not believing?
- How does the gospel speak to this situation?